Friday, March 25, 2011

eLearning Challenge - Data Consolidation by Dylaine Ho (1)


Location: Sin Ming rd
Bus Stop Number: 53171
Bus Stop Name: Blk 23
Time Started: 11.27 am
Time Ended:1.00pm

1) Based on your observation, what is the profile of the commuters during on a typical Friday, between 11.00 am to 12.30 pm.
Based on my observations, 50% of the people who boarded the bus at time were elderly, and the other 50% were working adults and teenagers.
2) What are the challenges you faced during the data collection period.

Patience is definitely one of my challenges, because waiting for the bus to come seemed like hours to me. The hot sun also made it hard to carry on. Last but not least, people looked at me weirdly, which made me feel uncomfortable.
3) If you were given a 2nd chance to capture data again, suggest at least ONE way to improve the process.

I would bring something to entertain myself while waiting (e.g. book, musical device etc.), bring down the timetable from the website so I can expect what time the bus is coming and bring a fan to cool myself down.

Sorry for the late post.

No comments:

Post a Comment